Until this class, I had not really heard of a PLN. Now, I know I have one.
Going forward I will be continuing to use the PLN as a means to gather information to continued my development as an instructor. It will also be handy as I work toward completing my graduate program.
I've taken some information from the PLN we've been shown and incorporated into the training I do. I teach a component on instructor documentation. Part of that documentation is developing a resume and a curriculum vitae. I've added information about developing a PLN. This will help instructors understand the dynamics of where, and how, they develop their own information and expertise in a particular discipline.
I've also talked with other instructors and have discussed a PLN. Many of them, like me, realize they had one, without knowing it. Once the subject of a PLN was discussed, they were able to identify several components of the PLN. This just puts a name to something they were already doing.
As you know, I am not a fan of Twitter. Initially I was inclined to cancel it after this class was over. I am now thinking about keeping it active. I don't know how much use I will get out of it, but it may just be more of a placeholder for the account since I can use my name.
I am still not overjoyed to have it. I can see it has value to some folks. I am just not sure it's for me. Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment